If you are looking for a family trip that is relaxing for you and super fun for your kids, then you must visit Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa this summer, and I will tell you exactly why as you keep reading.
Here are 7 reasons we believe every family should take a trip to this lovely resort nestled in the heart of the Coachella Valley, just minutes from Palm Springs:
1. The pool is made for families with kids: The pool is huge with three distinct areas, one of which is very shallow and is perfect for little kids. At one side you get out of the pool to a beautiful sandy area, where your kids can play at, while you relax by the pool. There is also a water fall area, where kids can run under the water, which is super fun. You should try it too. It brings out the kid in you!
2. There is a camp at the resort for kids ages 4-13: Leave your kids at camp Oasis while you get pampered at the Spa Esmeralda, or have a date night by the fire pits. The kids camp has so many different activities with skilled and creative teachers from highly regarded local private schools. Activities include arts & crafts, painting palm leaves, games, and more. I bet your kids won't want to leave after you get back to pick them up.
The camp is open on the weekends from 9am-12pm, and on Saturday nights from 6pm-10pm. Craft Zone is also available on Saturdays and Sundays from 12pm-4pm, which requires adult supervision.
3. Kids get to eat for FREE this summer: This summer, two kids 12 and under eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner free from kid's menu with purchase of a paid adult entrée from CAVA or pool bar. Be sure that promotional code SUM appears in the promotional code box when making your online reservation, or call 1-800-228-9290 and ask for promotional code SUM. Can it get better than this? free fun and free food?
4. You can reserve a room for as low as $139 per night: The rooms are specious, extremely clean, beautifully designed, and the best part is that you can reserve a room as low as $139 per night this summer.
5. You don't have to leave the resort to have a great time: Anyone who has kids knows that the best trips are always the ones where you have everything you need at once place. At Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa, you really have everything you need to have a great time with your family without leaving the resort.
There is always something to do for every member of the family. If your kids get tired of being in the water, there are bunch of kid's activities to do in the resort like Ping Pong tables, Bean Bag Toss games, and Foosball tables just to name a few. And on the weekends, you get to watch a family movie at night while you are lounging in the pool. Did I mention, leaving the kids at the kids club, and having a romantic date night by the fire pits?
6. You have so many different dining options: With different restaurants on site, you can satisfy everyone's taste in your family, even your picky eaters. Before starting a fun and sun-filled day at the resort, you should grab a quick breakfast at Cafe Biscotti, which offers cold press coffee and an assortment of homemade muffins and pastries, or dine at the Cava near the pool with a stunning views of the Santa Rosa Mountains with indoor and outdoor seating. The Cava offers a very friendly kids menu, and you can also choose from an all-you-can-eat menu.
During your daytime adventure by the pool, enjoy a selection of lunch fare and refreshing beverages at the Pool Bar. The Pool Bar is your easiest option. You just order the food by the pool, and the food is delivered to you while you are reading your favorite book or sipping on your Pina Colada, and your kids are having a blast under the sun.
At night, enjoy delicious small plates at the GLO Lounge while your kids dance to the music played by talented performers. If you are a sushi lover, GLO Sushi Bar features an expansive menu just for you.
For the pizza lovers, we highly recommend SPC Restaurant inside the Resort. Feast on wood-fired pizza or create your own cheese, and charcuterie boards while sipping on an array of Italian and international wines.
7. Your kids would love bedtime stories by the fire - At the end of the day, gather around one of the fire pits and enjoy some treats from the GLO Lounge, while sharing a favorite fairy-tale or made-up story by Mom or Dad. You and your kids will talk about cozening up next to each other by the fire for years to come!
If you decide to leave the resort for other activities, here are some kid friendly activities to do with your family in Palm Springs:
Palm Springs Aerial Tramway. The world’s largest rotating tram car travels over two-and-one-half miles along the breathtaking cliffs of Chino Canyon, transporting riders to the pristine wilderness of the Mt. San Jacinto State Park.
The Living Desert Zoo & Gardens. Giraffes, mountain lions, zebras, and cheetahs are just a few of the incredible animals that you can visit at The Living Desert.
Canyon Jeep Tours. Take an open-air Jeep Tour to the San Andreas Fault, Palm Springs Indian Canyons, or the majestic Painted Canyon in the Mecca Hills Wilderness Area.
Knott's Soak City Waterpark. Catch the perfect wave again and again on this simulated surfing machine, or enjoy a 4-story interactive Family Funhouse with water slides at Knott's Soak City Waterpark.
Hot Air Ballooning.Take a ride in a colorful balloon above the Palm Springs Desert Resort area.
Palm Canyon Drive. Palm Canyon Drive is the very heart of the city of Palm Springs. Find shops, galleries, restaurants and attractions that make Palm Canyon Drive a wonderful and memorable experience.
Children's Discovery Museum of the Desert. This creative museum is a real hit with kids, who find innumerable ways to keep very busy among the various hands-on exhibits.
Agua Caliente Cultural Museum. This small free museum offers various cultural exhibits about the Agua Caliente Cahuilla Indians.
Palm Springs Air Museum. If your kids like airplanes, they will love this museum, whose vast hangar is filled with various World War II aircrafts, some of which you can walk through.
Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa is located at 44400 Indian Wells Lane, Indian Wells, California 92210. For more information about Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa, visit their website, or call them at 1-760-773-4444. To make a reservation with the promotional code SUM, click here.
Disclaimer. This is a sponsored article for Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa. We were invited to Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa to write this article. All opinions are my own.