If you are planning a trip to Disneyland anytime of the year, keep on reading! We will show you seven great tips to avoid the long lines, and enjoy more of this magical place on your visit.
1. Pick a Magic Morning on one day of your trip, if you have a 3-day pass to beat the crowds and ride popular rides while lines are short. Use the Disneyland calendar to pick a Magic Morning. With Magic Morning, if you have a 3-day pass, you can enjoy one early admission to select attractions for one full hour before the parks open to the general public.
2. If you are staying at one of the registered Disneyland Resort Hotels, pick an Extra Magic Morning to enjoy admission to select attractions in Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Park for one full hour before the parks open to the general public. Use the Disneyland calendar to pick an Extra Magic Morning.
3. If you're serious about short lines, arrive 1 hour prior to opening the gates. You'll be among the first on your favorite ride, and will enjoy the shortest lines of the day for at least an hour.
4. Use FASTPASS to avoid long lines. FASTPASS allows you to use timed tickets to access shorter lines on popular rides. You can usually only get one FASTPASS at a time, so use them wisely. There are two ways to use the FASTPASS Service:
a. When you purchase the Disney MaxPass feature, you’ll be able to make Disney FASTPASS selections right from your phone using the Disneyland app. Disney MaxPass is available for $10 per day, per ticket. Make sure to check the FASTPASS availability and park details before purchasing.
b. In-Park FASTPASS Distribution Points. You can use FASTPASS Distribution points near the entrances of select attractions at both parks. FASTPASS entitlements are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Click here for more information about Disney MaxPass and In-Park FASTPASS.
Here is the list of attractions that are available for FASTPASS:
Goofy’s Sky School
Grizzly River Run
Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark
Radiator Springs Racers
Soarin’ Around the World
Toy Story Midway Mania!
World of Color
5. Download Disneyland app to see show times, FASTPASS return times, wait times, maps, and more on your mobile device. The app will help you choose your next move wisely based on the wait time and FASTPASS return times. Take some time before your Disney experience to learn how to use the app.
6. Use Single Rider lines. Single Rider lines are the best way to ride later in the day when every line is long and FASTPASS isn't an option. Kids need to be at least 8 years old to ride without adults.
7. Use Rider Switch option. The Rider Switch allows the parents to take turn without standing in line twice. First check with a Cast Member to see if Rider Switch is offered at the attraction you’d like to experience. When the second parent rides, he/she can take two other family members on the ride even if they just got off.
We also recommend using RideMax which is a planning tool to help you spend less time in line in Disneyland.
Click on this picture and download our mini guide to save money on your next visit to LEGOLAND.