Star Trek: Exploring New Worlds
Exploring New Worlds sheds light on the enduring relevance of this pop-culture phenomenon!
Date & Location
Jan 02, 2022, 10:00 AM – Feb 20, 2022, 5:00 PM
Free - $18 , 2701 N Sepulveda Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90049
More than fifty years ago, a television show called Star Trek broke ground with its daring vision—an inclusive cast of humans and interplanetary beings cooperating to overcome challenges as they explore the cosmos. With themes of heroism, optimism, equality, and humanity, the franchise has continued to pose questions about real-life on Earth as much as in its fictional future worlds.
Encompassing more than a half-century of television series, spinoffs, and films, Star Trek: Exploring New Worlds sheds light on the enduring relevance of this pop-culture phenomenon. This fully immersive exhibition will showcase Star Trek’s significant impact on culture, art, and technology through more than one hundred rare artifacts, set pieces, and props, plus state-of-the-art photo and video interactives.
- Set pieces from Star Trek: The Original Series, including the navigation console.
- Artifacts and props from the various Star Trek TV series and films, including an original series tricorder, communicator, and phaser; a Borg cube from the film Star Trek: First Contact; a Klingon disruptor pistol from Star Trek: The Next Generation; and tribbles from Star Trek: The Original Series.
- Spock’s tunic worn by Leonard Nimoy; Lt. Uhura’s dress worn by Nichelle Nichols; Khan garments past and present, including the open-chest tunic worn by Ricardo Montalbán and the costume worn by Benedict Cumberbatch in the 2013 reboot; Captain Picard’s uniform worn by Patrick Stewart; plus, a Borg costume, the alien Gorn, and more.
- Original scripts, concept art, storyboards, and production drawings.
- Spaceship filming models of the USS Enterprise and USS Excelsior.
Make plans now to visit the exhibition that is sure to delight longtime fans and fans-in-the-making.
Dates and Times
October 7, 2021–February 20, 2022
Tuesday–Friday, 12:00–5:00 pm Saturday–Sunday, 10:00 am–5:00 pm
- $18 General
- $15 Seniors, Full-Time Students with ID, and Children over 12*
- $13 Children 2–12
- FREE to Members and Children under 2
- FREE to all on Thursdays
Skirball Cultural Center 2701 N. Sepulveda Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90049
ADA accessible parking is located in the South Parking garage. The North Parking garage also includes a limited number of ADA-accessible spaces.
The Skirball’s visitor policy is in accordance with the City of Los Angeles vaccination ordinance. All Skirball visitors ages 12 and up are required to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. Those ages 5 to 11 must show proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result taken within the past 72 hours. Infants and children under 5, or those with medical or religious exemptions, must present a negative COVID-19 test result taken within the past 72 hours. A valid photo ID is also required for visitors ages 18 and up.
Advance reservations are required of all visitors except for children under 2 (toddler tickets will be distributed at visitor check-in when you claim your timed-entry tickets). No walk-ups will be accommodated.
- Visitor capacity is limited.
- The entry and exit times on your ticket must be observed so that we can monitor visitor capacity so plan to arrive on time.
Click on "Google" on the map for direction.
Event listings are believed to be accurate at the time of posting, but details are subject to change without notice. Please confirm all details with the event organizer before attending. FUN WITH KIDS IN LA® is not liable for errors, omissions, or changes to listings in our calendar. Some events have paid us to be on our events calendar.
- Fri, Nov 17FreeNov 17, 2023, 5:00 PM – Dec 31, 2023, 9:00 PMFree, 700 W 7th St, Los Angeles, CA 90017