This weekend is our favorite time of the year to spend time in the city while everyone else goes away for Christmas. Here are 20 ways to enjoy time with your family in and around Los Angeles this Christmas weekend.
2. Avoid getting stuck in the La Brea Tar Pits. Get the inside story of the Fossil Lab, Lake Pit, Observation Pit, and see scientists at work, uncovering new Ice Age fossils.
3. Try Frozen S’mores, Cookie Shot, and Cronut at Dominique Ansel Bakery at The Grove. Catch snow falls at 7pm & 8pm every night.
4. Enjoy all-day snow play and tubing at Winter Wonderfest at Discovery Cube LA.
5. Catch a Movie at El Capitan Theater Hollywood.
6. Take a Whale Watching Cruise, and Catch the migration of California Gray Whales from Alaska to Mexico.
7. Chill out with the family at CHILL, and enjoy ice themed activities, good food, lights at night, and more.
8. Enjoy a day of racing with your family at SpeedZone.
9. Ride, Play, and Eat at the Santa Monica Pier.
10. Wander at the beautiful gardens at Los Angeles Arboretum.
11. Have an adventure on Battleship Iowa.
12. Take a tour of the city and see the holiday lights.
13. Take a short day trip to Balboa Island.
14. Experience the history, architecture and folklore of Old Pasadena with Melting Pot Food Tours.
15. Stroll along Redondo Beach Pier with panoramic ocean views.
16. Play Miniature Golf at Sherman Oaks Castle Park.
17. See the Sistine Chapel up close at Westfield Canoga Park.
18. Explore Special Exhibits at Natural History Museum.
19. Go for a hike at Franklin Canyon Park.
20. Visit a National Park.