Butterfly Pavilion at Natural History Museum
Watch butterflies take flight around you in this seasonal exhibition.
Date & Location
Mar 07, 2023, 9:30 AM – Aug 13, 2023, 5:00 PM
$8, 900 W Exposition Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90007
Walk among butterflies and watch them take flight around you in this seasonal exhibition. This springtime exhibition features hundreds of butterflies, colorful native plants, and plenty of natural light to help you see these creatures shimmer. With lots of flight space and a variety of resting spots, come get one of the best views in Los Angeles of these amazing insects.
ALONG THE WAY, YOU'LL:
- See all stages in the butterfly life cycle, including eggs, caterpillars feeding on leaves, and chrysalises.
- See caterpillars feeding on leaves.
- Count up to 30 different species, including California natives like the Western tiger swallowtail and Common buckeye.
- Chat with museum educators and animal care specialists to find out what makes these animals so special.
- Have a chance to shop in the NHM Butterfly Pavilion store.
March 5 - August 13, 2023
Member Preview Days: March 3–4
👪 Age requirement
Tickets are $8 per person.
Free for Members.
Natural History Museum
900 Exposition Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90007
🌎 Event Website
Click on "Google" on the map for directions.
Event listings are believed to be accurate at the time of posting, but details are subject to change without notice. Please confirm all details with the event organizer before attending. FUN WITH KIDS IN LA® is not liable for errors, omissions, or changes to listings in our calendar. Some events have paid us to be on our events calendar, and some events contain an affiliate link.
- Thu, Nov 09$29 - $39Nov 09, 2023, 5:30 PM – Dec 31, 2023, 9:00 PM$29 - $39 , 26300 Crenshaw Blvd, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
- Fri, Nov 17FreeNov 17, 2023, 5:00 PM – Dec 31, 2023, 9:00 PMFree, 700 W 7th St, Los Angeles, CA 90017
- Fri, Nov 24Deal $109Nov 24, 2023, 9:00 AM – Jan 01, 2024, 6:00 PMDeal $109, 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, CA 91608