Becoming Jane: The Evolution of Dr. Jane Goodall
Explore a hands-on, transportive, multimedia exhibition celebrating the extraordinary life and work of world-renowned conservationist and ethologist Dr. Jane Goodall.
Date & Location
Jan 01, 2022, 9:30 AM – Apr 17, 2022, 5:00 PM
$9 , 900 W Exposition Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90007
Dr. Jane Goodall, DBE, founder of the Jane Goodall Institute & UN Messenger of Peace, started as an intrepid young woman with a dream to learn about animals in Africa. Dr. Goodall traveled to what is now Tanzania’s Gombe Stream National Park and immersed herself by observing chimpanzees in their natural habitat. Her work studying the lives of chimpanzees in the wild captured the imagination of the world. Rather than seeing the animals as subjects, she came to know them as individuals with personalities and emotions—a notion once rejected by the scientific world, yet now considered revolutionary. Today, in her current role as an activist, mentor and advocate for creating a better world for all life on Earth, she inspires us all. Her story—one of fearless determination, curiosity, the pursuit of knowledge and a passionate love of the natural world—has resonated with generations of people around the globe.
IN THIS EXHIBITION, YOU'LL:
- Be introduced to Dr. Goodall's extraordinary work and encounter digitally rendered chimpanzees in a multiscreen experience.
- Envision yourself as a scientist as you explore a life-size replica of Dr. Goodall's research tent.
- Be immersed in Tanzania's Gombe Stream National Park.
- Hear from a hologram of Dr. Goodall as she shares her memories in Gombe and recalls her thoughts, feelings, impressions, and lessons learned while living among chimpanzees.
- Join Dr. Goodall, the Jane Goodall Institute, and National Geographic Society, in an effort to ensure a more sustainable future for us all.
Dates and Times
Jan 1, 2022 - April 17, 2022
9:30 am - 5:00 pm
$9 + admission fee
Advanced tickets are recommended for entry for all guests, and are available online.
- Save when you buy Becoming Jane exhibition tickets online.
- Admission tickets require a date selection.
- L.A. County Residents get free Museum Admission from 3–5 pm. Tickets are available at the Natural History Museum ticket windows.
- Members, click on the button below to be taken to your Member Portal where you can select your tickets.
In accordance with the L.A. City Municipal Code Ordinance all eligible patrons (currently 12+) are required to show proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test performed within 72 hours. Full vaccination is 14+ days after receiving a one-dose vaccine or 14+ days after receiving both doses of a two-dose vaccine. Visitors 18+ must also show a valid photo ID. Children 11 and under are currently exempt from this mandate. Face coverings are required indoors for ALL guests over age 2, regardless of vaccination status.
Click on "Google" on the map for direction.
Event listings are believed to be accurate at the time of posting, but details are subject to change without notice. Please confirm all details with the event organizer before attending. FUN WITH KIDS IN LA® is not liable for errors, omissions, or changes to listings in our calendar. Some events have paid us to be on our events calendar.
- Thu, Nov 09$29 - $39Nov 09, 2023, 5:30 PM – Dec 31, 2023, 9:00 PM$29 - $39 , 26300 Crenshaw Blvd, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
- Fri, Nov 17FreeNov 17, 2023, 5:00 PM – Dec 31, 2023, 9:00 PMFree, 700 W 7th St, Los Angeles, CA 90017
- Fri, Nov 24Deal $109Nov 24, 2023, 9:00 AM – Jan 01, 2024, 6:00 PMDeal $109, 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, CA 91608