2023 California Watermelon Festival 🍉
The best yum and fun of the summer, featuring chilled all-you-can-eat watermelon slices!
Date & Location
Jun 17, 10:00 AM – Jun 18, 10:00 PM
$12 - $30, 11400 Foothill Blvd, Sylmar, CA 91342
Watermelon lovers rejoice! The annual Watermelon Festival is back with farm-fresh watermelons and unlimited chilled slices for all ticket holders. It’s yummy-in-my-tummy madness! The California Watermelon Festival buys over 100,000 pounds of the best, largest, sweetest melons in the state, freshly harvested, chilled, and sliced. It’s all-you-can-eat, so enjoy!
Every ticket includes:
- All-you-can-eat watermelon
- Live music
- Kids activities and entertainment
- Live art, breakdancing performances, and BMX shows
- Nostalgic photo ops (get a slice of the 80's!)
- Watermelon themed costume contest at 2PM each day. Dress up or help us vote for the best dressed!
- Dj & dancefloor
There will also be:
- Crazy watermelon dishes
- Carnival rides and games
- Beer garden
- Face painting
- Shopping from local artisans
- much more! Don't forget to find Wedgie the watermelon wedge to get a photo together!
📅 Dates & Times
June 17 - 18, 2023
10 am - 10 pm
Hansen Dam Soccer Fields
11400 - 11658 Foothill Blvd.
Sylmar, CA 91342
👨👩👧👦 Age requirement
Tons of food! Every ticket comes with all-you-can-eat watermelon.
Try watermelon-infused specialty dishes:
- Watermelon kettle Corn
- Watermelon Tamales
- Watermelon empanadas
- Deep fried watermelon
- Watermelon popsicles
- Watermelon shrimp tacos
- Watermelon salsa
- Watermelon BBQ
- Watermelon funnel cake
- Watermelon ice cream
- Smoked watermelon
- Lots of refreshing watermelon drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic
$12 - $30
Buy tickets online and skip the line at the gate!
Ages 12 and up require an adult ticket
Ages 3-11 need a child ticket, and kids under 3 are free.
Parking onsite is $10. No cash is accepted at the parking entrance. Purchase your parking tickets in advance or with a card at the event.
🌏 Event Website
#️⃣ Social Media
🚨 Safety & Rules
- No dogs (except certified service dogs), no bicycles, rollerblades, tables, boom boxes, chairs or ice chests/coolers are permitted on festival grounds. In compliance with the Los Angeles County Health Department, no non-Festival food & drinks are permitted within the Festival grounds.
- Strollers are permitted.
- The Festival is a smoke free environment.
- Tickets are available for purchase at the gate with cash or credit card. Food booths are cash only unless otherwise indicated. ATMs are available on site.
- You must be 21 or over to purchase beer or wine. ID must be shown.
- The California Watermelon Festival is not responsible for lost or stolen items. But we do maintain a lost and found at the information booth near the entrance.
- All sales are final.
Click on "Google" on the map for directions.
Event listings are believed to be accurate at the time of posting, but details are subject to change without notice. Please confirm all details with the event organizer before attending. FUN WITH KIDS IN LA® is not liable for errors, omissions, or changes to listings in our calendar. Some events have paid us to be on our events calendar, and some events contain an affiliate link.
- Fri, Nov 17FreeNov 17, 2023, 5:00 PM – Dec 31, 2023, 9:00 PMFree, 700 W 7th St, Los Angeles, CA 90017