Before we become parents, most of us, daydream about having kids. We fantasize about playing with them, dressing them up in cute puffy dresses, buy them tiny little shoes, and on and on and on. Then the first baby comes, and after all those sleepless nights, diaper changes, non-stop crying, tantrums, and tooshie wiping moments, the reality kicks in.
It is then that we realize having kids is not as easy as we though it is going to be. Being a parent is challenging, exhausting, time consuming, frustrating, life changing, and a job that never ends. But nevertheless, it is the most beautiful and fulfilling job that you'll ever have, and if we have to do it all over again, we would all choose to be Moms again and again and again.
We asked Moms about what it is like to have kids, and here are some answers, that will definitely put an smile on your face, if they don't make you laugh out loud:
1. Shoveling the snow while it's still snowing.
2. Hard work but the most rewarding and enjoyable.
3. Drunk little broke friends.
4. It’s like having tiny drunk schizophrenic person living in your house who makes all of your decisions.
5. Climbing a mountain while being hit by all 4 seasons. But once you get to the top it’s awesome!
6. Living with a tiny drunk roommate.
7. Getting smacked in the face with a weed-whacker... while sleeping... many many times... over many many years.
8. Blessing, annoying, loving, tiring, challenging, caring, breathing, waking up, growing, living, It is all the good and all the best that you can have.
9. A roller coaster ride.
11. Fulfilling my dream.
12. The biggest blessing from god a human being can ever receive.
13. Blessed and accomplished.
14. Getting hit in the head 100 times a day but getting up again and again.
15. Swimming with lead boots.
16. Knowing where you want to go, but have no idea how to get there.
17. Having the most delicious cake, but never having the time to eat it.
18. It's like standing in the middle of a war zone without any shields.
19. Getting in touch with your feelings that you never knew existed.
20. It's like going beyond your abilities every single day.
21. Being touched by Angels, and at the same time walking on needles.
22. Never being the same person again as you were before.
23. It's like being in the movie Groundhog Day with Bill Maury.
You may also enjoy:
40 Things Moms Miss The Most About Their Pre-Kid Lives
5 Best Strategies for Raising a Highly Sensitive Child