October is all about fall activities like visiting pumpkin patches, Halloween events, apple picking, and a trip to the country side to see the fall foliage. Keep reading to see the best activities to do with your kids during the month of October!
1. Boo at the L.A. Zoo returns on October 1st and lasts till October 27th for a spooktacular season this year with live shows, special animal feedings, and themed photo ops. Activities include Spooky Stroll, Animal & Boo, Boo Bird Show, Puppet Show, Mystery Maze, Creature Craft, and much more. Costumes are encouraged on the weekends, and on October 19 & 20, and 26 & 27, there are treat stations throughout the Zoo, with treats and bags courtesy of 99 Cents Only Stores!
2. Hop on over to the Aquarium of the Pacific in October to see new animals, enjoy seasonal festivals and special events, and experience Pacific Visions. Experience a state-of–the-art immersive theater, interactive art installations, engaging multimedia displays, and several new live animal exhibits at the new Pacific Visions exhibit.
3. Walk through a safe, fascinating open-air Spider Pavilion at NHMLA, and learn about the amazing engineering that goes into each spider's web. Here spiders freely spin their spectacular webs for all to see. Learn about the different designs and tactics each spider weaves with, and check out spectacular webs that range up to three meters in diameter.
4. Become immersed into the lives of your favorite friendly monsters as Spooky Science Presents: Monster Academy. Experience STEM in a whole new light by experimenting with reflection and fading, mixing potions, and getting creative in the light and electricity DIY Lab at Discovery Cube LA.
5. Go apple picking at one of the farms in Oak Glen, and enjoy piglet races, train rides, jumpers, slides, petting zoo, and more at Oak Tree Village.
6. Visit a Pumpkin Patch with your kids, and enjoy rides, animals, corn maze, pony rides, and so many other activities.
7. Creep around Discovery Cube Orange County, find clues, and solve riddles with your favorite friendly monsters as Spooky Science Presents: The Great Haunt featuring the Monster Academy. Discovery Cube’s Spooky Science monsters are teaming up to lead you on a special tour through Discovery Cube’s exhibits.
8. Visit Halloween Spooktacular at Bob Baker Marionette Theater. Children's marionette theatre features over 100 Halloween-themed puppets, including a Purple People Eater, the Invisible Man, funny skeletons and more.
10. Take a trip to San Diego during the month of October, and enjoy so many free attractions for kids, including meals on the house as part of Kids Free San Diego.
11. Go for a ride to one of the cities near Los Angeles to see the Fall Foliage with your kiddos.