There is always so much to do in this gorgeous city. Look at our list of fun things to do this week, and we are sure you'll find something awesome to enjoy with your kid(s). And hey, don't forget the sunblock... It is summer out there!
1. Boo at the L.A. Zoo has returned for a spooktacular season this year with a new “Nocturnal Adventure” maze and favorites like the Zoo’s “Animals and Boo” creepy crawler encounters, a puppet show, pumpkin-carving demos, special animal feedings and other family-oriented fun. [10am-5pm]
2. Watch dinosaurs come to life at the Natural History Museum Los Angeles. The realistic T. rex and Triceratops large-scale puppets capture the imaginations of audiences in performances throughout each week. Kids will learn about different dino topics, like theories on dinosaur behavior, extinction, adaptation, and the relationship between birds and dinosaurs. [Every Thursdays, Various Times]
3. Join Sparkelina & Friends from Kinderwise at The Waterside Marina Del Rey as they take your kids on a magical, musical Halloween adventure. There will be singing, dancing, fun and engaging games, a bubble machine, a parachute and a whole lot more in this highly energetic and interactive show. [10am-12pm] FREE
4. Get your Costumes and head on to Mr. Bones Pumpkin Patch. your kids will love all the activities like face painting, pony rides, a petting zoo, a jack-o-lantern bounce house, a straw maze, pumpkin decorating, and a super slide. You may also see some celebrities in this location. [9am-8pm]
5. After a sneaky squirrel and ravenous rabbit ate last year’s prized pumpkin, the birds of South Coast Botanic Garden (ravens, owls, hummingbirds and hawks) have teamed up to save this year’s patch. They’ve secreted the pumpkins away to a clandestine location. Armed with your birdwatcher’s map, travel through the grounds of South Coast Botanic Garden in search of the hidden abodes of our feathered friends and collect the clues left in their bird houses. The clues will lead you to the South Coast Botanic Garden Pumpkin Patch. [9am-5pm]
6. Meet and learn about 11,000 animals in more than 50 exhibits at the Aquarium of the Pacific Discounted Nights. Get face-to-face with and touch the ocean's ultimate predators in Shark Lagoon, hand-feed colorful lorikeet birds and watch Magellanic penguins play. You'll get closer to animals than ever before at the bonnethead shark and cownose ray touchpool, the horseshoe crab touch lab, and tidepool touch lab. Explore the new frog exhibit, Dazzling and Disappearing, featuring two dozen frogs from a range of environments, from lush rainforests to arid deserts.You can choose any weekday during afternoon hours (3:00pm-6:00pm) to visit this world-class aquarium featuring a wide array of hands-on activities, live and video presentations and much more. [Cost: $9-$15 (Via Goldstar)]
7. Disney Junior's popular Doc McStuffins' exhibit, based on the Peabody Award-winning television series, is at Discovery Cube LA. The exhibit is designed to model “care and compassion” for kids age 2-6 in immersive activities that reinforce the importance of health and well-being. The Exhibit allows young “doctors-in- training” to visit the McStuffins Toy Hospital where they can perform check-ups and diagnose toy patients while learning about healthy habits, compassion and nurturing care. [9:00am-5:00pm]
8. Visit Noah's Ark for Free on Thursdays. The Skirball is completely free for all visitors every Thursday! Play, climb, build, explore, make believe, and make friends–all while exploring a floor-to-ceiling wooden ark, filled to the rafters with whimsical animals. Share in a timeless story—and together envision a better world. Tickets are available on a first come, first served basis. Get there early to avoid long waits! [12:00–5:00 p.m.] FREE
9. This Thursday, Celebrate Halloween with a Halloween-themed puppet show at Kids' Club at the Grove! Franklin Haynes and his beautiful handcrafted marionettes will enthrall your children with his unique style of performing. Join for this very special ending to the Kids Club season! [10-am-12pm] FREE
10. This Thursday, Discover fascinating, minuscule animals with the help of high-powered microscopes at the Santa Monica Pier Aquarium. [2pm-5pm] $5/adults, kids under 12 are free.
Want more ideas for things to do in L.A. every day of the week? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.