Don't know what to do today with the little ones? Look at our list of things to do here and we are sure you will find something you and your kiddo will both enjoy.
1. Boo at the L.A. Zoo returns for a spooktacular season this year with a new “Nocturnal Adventure” maze and favorites like the Zoo’s “Animals and Boo” creepy crawler encounters, a puppet show, pumpkin-carving demos, special animal feedings and other family-oriented fun. [10am-5pm]
2. Watch dinosaurs come to life at the Natural History Musuem Los Angeles. The realistic T. rex and Triceratops large-scale puppets capture the imaginations of audiences in performances throughout each week. Kids will learn about different dino topics, like theories on dinosaur behavior, extinction, adaptation, and the relationship between birds and dinosaurs. [Every Thursdays, Various Times]
3. Join Sparkelina & Friends from Kinderwise at The Grove as they take your kids on a magical, musical Halloween adventure. There will be singing, dancing, fun and engaging games, a bubble machine, a parachute and a whole lot more in this highly energetic and interactive show. [10am-12pm] FREE
5. Enjoy stories, songs and fingerplays with the children’s librarian at West LA Public Library. West LA Library, 11360 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, Ca [4:15pm-5pm]
6. After a sneaky squirrel and ravenous rabbit ate last year’s prized pumpkin, the birds of South Coast Botanic Garden (ravens, owls, hummingbirds and hawks) have teamed up to save this year’s patch. They’ve secreted the pumpkins away to a clandestine location. Armed with your birdwatcher’s map, travel through the grounds of South Coast Botanic Garden in search of the hidden abodes of our feathered friends and collect the clues left in their bird houses. The clues will lead you to the South Coast Botanic Garden Pumpkin Patch. [9am-5pm]
7. It is Happy Hour at Lollipop Dream. Your kids will enjoy dressing up in their large vanity closet, having their faces painted, making crafts, playing games, hearing stories, and more. [Every Thursday at 2pm - 5:30pm]
8. Visit Noah's Ark for Free. The Skirball is completely free for all visitors every Thursday! Tickets are available on Thursdays on a first come, first served basis, and they’re popular. Get there early! [12:00–5:00 p.m.] FREE
9. There’s a Full Moon Hike at Franklin Canyon Ranch in Beverly Hills. The moderate hike takes 2.5 hours total and covers a total of 2.8 miles. [7pm]
10. Time to get in the Halloween spirit. The Los Angeles Haunted Hayride returns to The Old Zoo in Griffith Park from September 29 to October 31. This years theme is “Clown” and features four different freaky zones, a slew of demonic clowns, a corn maze and more. [7pm]
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.